Support Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, EI Caption, Yosemite Apple operating systems.
Support more than 20 archive formats
Supports more than 20 popular archive formats such as rar, zip, 7z, tar, gz, bz2, iso, xz, lzma, apk, lz4. Perfect handling of encryption and decryption!
Bulk encryption of files
Easily protect private files, and it's safer and more worry-free after encryption. Feel free to drop to a third-party cloud disk, no longer afraid of privacy leaks! As long as you don't know your password, nobody can open "your" file!
eZip was developed by an independent developer for personal interest and in his spare time. The app itself does not charge users any fees, nor does it have any commercial behavior, and everyone can download it for free. If you feel good, remember to share it with your friends! ^_^
Support the Developer
If the eZip I developed brings you some convenience, welcome to support my other works! ღ( ́・ᴗ・` )
Filter images and documents on one click. Enter keywords to search for files within the archive.
Select file auto start Preview!
You can directly AirDrop, Share , Run Service, or Select app to open it.
Quick Look preview archives!
Press the space bar in the Finder to preview the archive directly.
Support rar, zip, 7z encrypted archive format
Support Finder service, to extract and compress archives
Bulk encryption and decryption of files
The eZip author is committed to providing users with convenient user experience and privacy security, providing convenient decompression and encryption and decryption services for macOS users. This product strictly follows the safe and reliable sandbox mechanism of the Apple system for research and development, and only needs basic sandbox permissions to work well. At the same time, everyone's supervision and review are also welcome.
· Sandbox Permissions
eZip strictly adheres to the macOS sandbox mechanism. To ensure the normal function of the application, the following sandbox permissions are needed:
Note: Due to the sandbox mechanism limitation, eZip cannot set the file open mode. However, it can be set up with the completely independent applet eZip Assistant, which has no sandbox restrictions. If you do not want to keep the assistant application, delete it after the setting is completed.
· Encrpytion & Decrpytion
When you encrypt files, pay attention to store your password. eZip does not provide a password storage service. If the user causes unnecessary loss due to the loss of the password, eZip author does not assume the relevant responsibility.
· New Version Update
In order to provide the best experience for users, eZip updates product features from time to time. The software will request the server to detect the latest version and will carry the following information:
a. Irreversible encrypted string generated based on device information as a user tag
b. The version number and language of the user's current system
c. The eZip version number currently used by the user
This software is free for any individual or business user. If the user is abnormally damaged due to system abnormality or software defect during use, this application is not responsible for this. The cost of network traffic generated during the process of downloading and using the application by the user is not within the scope of the service undertaken by the application, and the user is responsible for the relevant expenses. By downloading and installing this application, the user knows and agrees to the content of the relevant agreement.
1. Fixed crash when decompressing multi-volume files. 2. Added default encryption settings item. 3. Added side preview switch button. 4. Added side preview default toggle settings item. 5. Support space to preview file in the compressed package. 6. Added status bar at the bottom of QuickLook view. 7. Fixed exception of dragging and adding files when the password was not entered. 8. Added file name tooltips. 9. Added option to keep the entered password when compressing.
Fixed an exception when extracting a single selected file.
1. Significantly increase the speed of decompression. 2. Added direct preview of selected file. 3. Added decompression filtering file settings. 4. Added direct preview file type and max size settings. 5. Added settings of toolbar display and hidden. 6. Added password management support during compression. 7. Added drag and drop files to the archive. 8. Added vertical swipe selection support. 9. Added AirDrop previewing file. 10. Added share previewing file. 11. Added select app to open previewing file. 12. Added select service to handle previewing file. 13. Fixed uppercase suffix file cannot be opened. 14. Fixed some cancel compression bugs. 15. Optimized modification date display.
1. Fixed QuickLook doesnot work on Catalina(10.15). 2. Added input password management and related settings page. 3. Improved Chinese password compatibility. 4. Fixed the decompression folder modification time loss problem. 5. Optimized the suffix when the decompressed folder name conflicts. 6. Optimized QuickLook display. 7. Improved the feedback prompt for the damaged rar compression package. 8. Added press enter to start compression. 9. Keep the files that selected by the user during compression filtering. 10. Added settings: Open the folder after compression is complete. 11. Fixed 7z compressed package zero-size file decompression failed.
1. Fixed U-Disk and mobile hard disk Zip archive editing error. 2. Fixed when creating compressed file, too long path name caused display exception. 3. Fixed cleaning Windows temporary file "Thumbs.db". 4. Fixed uncompressed progress display exception. 5. Fixed adding new files to Zip archive, the file with the same name is overwritten abnormally.
1. Improve the compatibility of generated zip files on Windows explorer and Android phones 2. Change the access key to create archive with Shift+Command+Y 3. Fixed gz file editing exception 4. Fixed some archive read exceptions
1. Improve the APK format reading 2. Optimize the decompression progress display more smoothly 3. Fix the hidden file name missing prefix "."
1. Improve the accuracy of encoding recognition, optimize Chinese recognition 2. Repair the 7z format read delay 3. Fix some zip format decompression exceptions
1. Fix some Zip package decompression errors (including unpacking app open exception) [IMPORTANT] 2. Automatically save compression settings (related passwords are stored in the system keychain, safe and reliable) 3. Added "One-click compression" option , you can skip the compression settings page 4. Support drag & drop operations such as compression and decompression 5. Fix some traditional and foreign characters encoding errors 6. Fix some file types drag and unzip failure and file extraction exception 7. Fix some zip/7z encryption recognition failed
1. Update the App Logo and file icons (Thanks to Zealson for contributing!) 2. Fix some drag and unzip failure 3. Fix path exception when partial decompressing 4. Add file open with setting assistant
1. Fix drag and drop and partial decompression bugs 2. Optimize the password input box 3. Add option: Remove original files after compression is completed 4. Add option: Remove original archive after decompression is completed
1. Fix 7z file password recognition exceptions. 2. Supports switching between light/dark theme (MacOS 10.14 and above). 3. Optimize drag decompression efficiency and stability. (MacOS 10.12 and above) 4. The compression & decompression progressbar is smoother.